???????????? PREBLAST – La Luz – 3/8/23 5:15 ????????????
@channel Join YHC at La Luz for a Whiskey Wednesday Workout! Get those competitive juices flowing and drop your HC below. Come get stronger, get faster, get better…Come Get Some! No coupons needed.
- Open to all men
- Held outdoors, rain or shine
- Peer Led in a rotating fashion
- Ends in a circle of trust
Our mission: To plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Credo: Leave no man behind but leave no man where you find them.
- SSH (30)
- Tappy Taps (12)
- Michael Phelps (15)
- Abe Vigodas (15)
- Hillbillies (15)
- Nancy Kerrigan (10/10)
Count off by 2’s. Team 1 on one side, Team 2 on the other side. Each PAX completes the exercise reps and then performs movement to cone and back. After each PAX completes the reps and movement they give their team a point. Rinse and Repeat until 4 minutes is up. Losing team of each round does 5 burpees.
Thang 1 – 4 min AMRAP – perform stated exercise and reps and then perform movement to cone and back. Rinse and Repeat.
- Welsh Dragons to far cone (Bear crawl 4 steps, 1 Merkin, 1 Plank Jack, 1 shoulder tap L/R = 1). Increase reps by 1 after each Bear crawl once to cone run back to start.
- Hurpees (Hand Release Burpees (10) run to far cone and back.
- Imperial Squat Walkers (Hands clasped behind head, Squat, right elbow to left knee, squat, left elbow to right knee) (10). Lunge walk to 1st cone and run back.
- Smurf Jacks (15) Crab Walk to 1st cone and run back
- Knerkins (15) ee to Elbow Planks (10 each side) Reverse lunge walk to 1st cone and run back to start.
- E2K (15 each leg) High leg skip to far cone and run back to start.
- YTW’s (15) Side shuffle to 1st cone, face opposite direction and shuffle to far cone then run back to start.
No time for Mary!
Circle of Trust
CoR: 12 Pax – No FNGs
Announcements: 2 2nd F opportunities on 3/17 – March Madness Taps and Tenders and Celtic Classic, March Madness brackets due 3/16 10am, Blood Drive 4/23, 3 convergences coming up.
Closing Remarks and Prayers offered up.
Naked Man Moleskin
It was a crisp 34 degrees, a great time for a little Whiskey Wednesday Workout. I thought it would be fun to bring back the team competition workout to La Luz so I incorporated exercises that went along with the theme to spell out WHISKEY. Team based workouts tend to drive Pax harder and I think we accomplished that today. Although I don’t have the official record, I think Team 1 squeaked out the win over the 7 rounds, with a few rounds where we ended in a tie.
Everyone crushed the workout, with Heavy Bag leading the charge out front for Team 1. Nice work by all.
Until Next Time: Keep Making It Happen!