Today was a dry tri…that’s an EC Ruck at 4:40am followed by a Bootcamp at 5:15am followed by a EC Ruck at 6:15am. The most important thing here, show up and show down.
SSHx15 (First 5 in cadence, next 10 in silence, end in sync)
5 Penalty burpees as we were real close to in sync
Coupon mosey to path
Thang #1 Escalator
On paved path to bridge
- Cone 1
- 10 Lion Kings
- 20 OH Press
- 30 Curls
- 40 Yard Cusak Carry
- Cone 2
- 50 Bent Over Rows
- 60 Antonio Brown’s AKA Don’t Quit on that Coupon Exchange!
- 70 Coupon Dips
- Run To Bridge
- 80% Speed on Half Mile Run to Bridge
- 90% Crank it up to middle of bridge on a increased sprint burst
- 100% of 4 4×4’s (Merkins + Mountain Climbers)
Run half mile back to coupons, rinse and repeato…
Thang #2 Friday Finisher
In parking lot…
- 25 Chess Press, Hold 25th rep at top for 20 seconds and lift legs 6″ off ground, slow 10 count decline back to chest
- Finished with 2 25 yard sprints between medians
Circle of Trust
I recently went to an event where Jim Kwik spoke, he is an expert on “the brain”. He also wrote a book called “Limitless”. (Check it out)
I’m half way through and I love something he said the other day…
“The most important thing is to make the most important thing, the most important thing…”
We are all faced with many distractions, opportunities and many decisions too. Keep the focus on the most important thing. That’s it. That’s the most important thing I’ll leave you with today.
You get to decide the rest.
Naked Man Moleskin
Big shout out to all who came for EC Run and EC Ruck especially today, notably Shirly Temple and Ted Lasso who did all three on this dry tri. Way to go gents. Covering roughly 8+ miles or so with a Run, Lift, and Ruck is a heck of a way to start a Friday.